Visitors to Malaysia must hold a valid passport or travel document with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended visiting period.
Most nationalities do not require visas for social or business visits. For further information, please contact the nearest Malaysian diplomatic mission or Tourism Malaysia office.
Immigration and customs checkpoints are situated at all air, sea, road and rail entry points.
Visit the Malaysian Immigration Department (http://www.imi.gov.my) or Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.kln.gov.my) for more info.
a. Visa Requirements By Country
1. Commonwealth countries that require visa
2. Visa Requirements for other countries
- Afghanistan (Visa with reference)
- Burkina Faso*
- Central African Republic*
- Congo Democratic Republic*
- Equat. Guinea*
- Hong Kong (C.I/D.I)
- Ivory Coast (Cote d’ivoire)*
- Serbia Montenegro
- Sri Lanka
- United Nation (Laissez Passer)
- Western Sahara*
- For the countries marked as ( * ) are allowed to enter Malaysia by air only.
- Israel citizen** who wish to enter are required Visa and approval from Ministry Of Home Affairs, Malaysia.
- Visa is not required for a stay of less than one (1) month for ASEAN nationals except Myanmar. Visas are required for duration of stay exceeds (1) month except for Brunei and Singapore nationals.
Yellow Fever certificate is required to be produced upon landing in Malaysia for countries as listed below:
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Kitts & Nevis
b. How to apply for a Visa
Visa applications must be made at any nearest Malaysian Representative Office Abroad.
Applications can also be made online through I-Visa System (Applicable for tourist from India and China only).
Documents required for the application of a visa without reference (approval of visa is given by High Commission of Malaysia) are:
- Original passport
- Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s passport
- Two (2) photocopies of the visa application form (Form IMM.47)
- Two (2) passport size photographs of the applicant
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the ticket (confirmed and returned ticket)
- Bank statement / traveller’s cheque
- Invitation letter (if any)
- Payment of visa fee
Note : Visa Without Reference is required for the purpose of a social visit.